Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) is considered a medical condition and can affect certain areas such as armpits, hands or feet (and in some extreme cases, the whole body).
This is caused by over active sweat glands and can flare up whether it is cool or whilst you’re at rest. Sufferers will find that normal antiperspirants are not effective.
Excess Sweating can be an embarrassing problem which can negatively affect confidence. In this course, we will discuss Botulinum Toxin (Botox) and how it is used to prevent excessive sweating. This course will focus on armpits.
- Introduction to Sweat Glands
- The Anatomy
- Facial Assessment
- Botox Pharmacology
- Preparation and Storage
- Precautions & Side Effects
- Management of Complications
- Client Selection & Assessment
- Treatment planning
- Legal & Consent requirements
- Injection Technique
- The Importance of Aftercare
- Examples of Before and After
- Demo and Practical with Live Models
Medical professionals – i.e. Nurses, Doctors, Dentists, Paramedics, Physiotherapists, Pharmacists, Podiatrists – with Foundation Anti-Wrinkle qualification